Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Sertoma Butterfly House

Located in Sioux City, South Dakota Sertoma Butterfly House and Marine Cove is definitely worth the visit if you're ever in the area. We had the good fortune of discovering this little gem mainly due to the fact that we can no longer drive from Montana to Iowa in two days, so we split it into three. Our second leg took us to Sioux City where we stayed for a day. My husband was looking for things to do and found this spot online. Needless to say I was very excited, and I was not disappointed. The butterflies are everywhere in various shapes, sizes and colors. I didn't stand a chance of being able to identify them all. The staff is very friendly and more than happy to answer questions. We even had a few butterflies land on us while we were there. I will definitely be returning to this magical place during future trips.




5 comments:

She Who Carries Camera said...

Sounds like a great pit stop and a photog's delight!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Jill - Thank you for the wonderful comment. It is indeed a delightful place. I could spend hours there. If I lived in Sioux Falls, I would probably volunteer there. It was a pretty awesome experience.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Woops! I just caught an error it's Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Growing up in Iowa I automatically say and think Sioux City. Sigh

Barbara said...

What a cool place! Great shots!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks Barbara. It is a cool place. I would be there all day every day if I lived in Sioux Falls.