Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ousel Falls

Ousel Falls is a set of waterfalls near Big Sky, Montana. All of them spectacular in their unique way. The highlight of this spot is the main falls which is accessible by a set of stairs. That alone makes it awesome. So many falls out here are off the side of a mountain, so you can't get right up close to them nor can you hike down to the base of the falls. Like another one of my favorites, Grotto Falls, you can get pretty close to these falls. And the views are just gorgeous. The overall hike is about two miles, but I had a hard time being in a hurry. I climbed up the trails that follow the rivers edge above the falls and found a rock to sit on and just photographed the water for about an hour. All I wanted to do was sit there and take in the breathtaking view around me.




10 comments:

monicadevine said...

Your photos almost look abstract in composition...beautiful.

KB said...

Beautiful!

Barbara said...

I envy you all of these beautiful places to hike!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Monica - Thank you for the wonderful comment. I think my photos end up looking abstract due to my love of macro photography. I like to get in really close. Then the focus is very specific while the rest of the photo ends up being background.

VM Sehy Photography said...

KB - Thank you for the comment. I am very blessed to live here. Montana is one of most beautiful places I have ever encountered.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Barbara - Thank you for the lovely comment. Montana is full of beautiful places to hike. I am very fortunate. I also intend to see every inch of it before we move. Not that we are anytime soon, but it's rare for us to sit still for very long. In fact, we've been here for nearly 7 years which blows away our old record of 4 years.

Joanna Jenkins said...

The colors in your photos are gorgeous-- really breathtaking. Makes me want to jump in.
happy weekend, jj

Hilary said...

I can feel the energy from that water... powerful.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Joanna - Thank you for the kind comment. This area is very breathtaking. I could have sat there all day just mesmerized by the water.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for lovely comment Hilary. The energy of the water is very amazing there. Makes getting up close to it that much more awesome.