Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

St. Ignatius Mission

With my husband being enrolled in the MBA program at the University of Montana, we have plenty of chances to go to Missoula. This is wonderful for me as there are plenty of sight seeing opportunities in the area. One of the places, I've been wanting to visit for a long time is the mission in St. Ignatius. I've heard it's quite beautiful. I have to admit that doesn't begin to describe the building. I was quite awe inspired by the paintings and decor of the church. I really feel it holds it's own against the cathedrals in Europe.

PS - I do apologize for the quality of the photos. When we pulled up to the church there was a gentleman in his car blaring rap music, so I totally forgot to bring my good camera in. I did at least remember to bring my iPhone. Believe me, there's no photos on this planet that would replace actually being in the church. I literally felt at peace the minute I walked into the place. Perhaps, I will make it back with the good camera during one of these trips. Enjoy!














View Larger Map

6 comments:

laura.forestdreams:) said...

...as you said...very awe inspiring!! wow!! beautiful architecture & paintings!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the comment Laura. It truly is a beautiful place to be. I was instantly at peace when I walked into the building. It's simply a feast for the eyes.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow! The church is stunning on the outside-- regal and inviting. And the inside is gorgeous!

Your iPhone photos are great too. You captured so much detail.

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!
xo jj

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comments Joanna. Photographs don't do this church justice. It truly is a masterpiece. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you as well.

laura.forestdreams:) said...

just thought i'd swing by...hoping all is well with you...and that life is just keeping u busy. happy new year!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Laura - Thanks for stopping by and checking on me. I have been busy, but I have also fallen into a hole known as Facebook. I've been meaning to fix that. Things got a bit crazy this year when my dad fell and broke his hip. We had to go home and put him in a nursing home. It's been quite the experience ever since. My Aunt Bobby is there and takes care of him, but I still have stuff to do here and there. Also, feel like I put my life on hold while I'm waiting to see how everything turns out. Thus the wasting huge amounts of time on Facebook:( I've always been bad about not trying to take on too much in the middle of a crisis, but that doesn't mean my life / creativity should come to a complete halt. Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what happened. I won't get much done if I let interruptions stop me especially since middle age is about lots going on. I need to learn to follow through better and stick to things even when life throws a curve ball. Hope all is well with you, too. Happy New Year as well.