Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brackett Creek - A Vibrant Fall

Roughly a week ago I decided it would be a good idea to go up to Brackett Creek for my weekly hike. I had my doubts as I headed out because the whole valley was hazy with smoke thanks to the fires in our area. Most of them were under control, so I decided to continue on down the road to see what I could find. The area was open and amazingly, the air was much clearer out that way. Fortunately for me. Everywhere I looked, the brilliance of fall met my eye. Truly, I think it was the most beautiful fall scenery I've seen in a long time. And while I don't normally make long posts with lots of photos, I just couldn't bring myself to turn these shots into collages. They deserve a large format like the larger than life fall we are having. PS - Yes, I did do some editing. Although I was only there for an hour, I managed to make good use of my time and captured hundreds of shots.















View Larger Map

6 comments:

ZielonaMila said...

Fantastic photographs, I love forest and I love such views. I am greeting

laura.forestdreams:) said...

oh what a beautiful area to go hiking!
i love the stream shot...and the old stump with the autumn leaves...and the leaf close-up! spectacular views!!

She Who Carries Camera said...

Here in the South, everything is basically still green, with trees filled with their summer leaves; although, as each day progresses we see a bit more random leaves beginning to fall. Our deck is becoming dotted with them. Our autumn really doesn't get underway until mid-October with the best colors around the end of the month. November is always rake time!! Lovely shots!

VM Sehy Photography said...

ZielonaMila - Thank you for stopping by. I am glad you enjoyed the photos. I love forests too especially in the autumn with all the color changes.

Laura - Glad to hear from you. Thank you for the kind comment. I am completely awed by the fall we're having. It's so pretty. The leaves have changed and stayed on the trees awhile. The best kind of fall there is.

Jill - Thank you for the kind comment. My friend in Texas said the same thing about fall not showing up until October. I don't think I could be so patient.

Monica Devine said...

Wonderful photos; we don't get the reds in Alaska; nothing like the Brilliant reds on the east coast & elsewhere. Winter is already pushing in...sigh.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Monica for the kind comment. I didn't know that Alaska doesn't get any color change in the fall. Bummer. Winter just hit us here in Montana, too. A bit early for my taste.