Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

What Do Zebras and Spiders Have in Common?

In this case, they share a name. This little fellow that I found crawling on my window this past fall is a Zebra Jumping Spider. They're quite common around here. Fourtunately, they are one of my favorite spiders. Just because they look so cool. I think they're cute and adorable, but I realize not everyone shares that view. Also they are incredibly easy to identify. They are also incredibly easy to photograph. Unlike other jumping spiders, they will sit still for a shot or two before leaping off.

2 comments:

laurak@forestwalkart said...

cool spider shot!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Laura. I love photographing these little guys. They're about 1/4" long at most. They have very distinctive markings. And like most jumping spiders, they have a soft furry look to them.