Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Peacocks at the Zoo

We had the pleasure of going to Denver for our spring break. What a blast. One of our favorite spots to visit is the zoo, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. As in perfect summer weather. It was that warm.

One of my favorite animals at the zoo are the peacocks. They pretty much have the run of the place. (Well, that and the geese which leads to some interesting stand offs.) I love watching them strut around the park and get into all kinds of interesting places. As you can tell, they don't shy away from perching on fences near the animal enclosures. They even get into the enclosures. The best part is I was able to catch one of the peacocks in take off mode. I'm always amazed when the focus and lighting work so well on such spontaneous shots. Enjoy!




4 comments:

JillsyGirl Studio said...

You know, I never realized that peacocks could fly, that is, until now! I also just realized, from you visiting me, that your blog must have dropped off my reader without me knowing. (This happens from time to time for some reason and it's not from my doing) I'm going to put you back on right now!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment, Jillsy Girl. I never gave it much thought as to whether they fly or not. I was really excited that the picture turned out. Definitely a point and click moment.

Thank you for putting me back on your blog roll. I probably fell off the end because I haven't been too actively blogging as of late. Hoping to change that.

Hilary said...

They're such interesting birds with incredible colouring. You captured some wonderful shots, VM.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the wonderful comment, Hilary. I was very intrigued by their coloring as well. I'm used to their plummage being more of a blue.

I thought that they might be females or peahens to be technical. I just invalidated my title:) Looks like from my google search they are female Indian Peafowls.

When the males of a species are so brialliantly colored, it's no surprise that even the females are breathtaking.