Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Awesome Summer Finds

These are some of the treasures I found while out on a hike this past July. We were actually out geocaching. We yet have to find that treasure. Fall and Winter forced an intermission to our hunt. If we ever find what we started to look for, I'm sure it will show up in a later post.

Even so, I was quite pleased with what I found along the way. Many miniature friends. A grasshopper caught in quite a nice candid pose as he clings to a stalk of wild grass. A two for one when I took a shot of a brown skipper, a spittle bug was but a few grass blades away. An earwig trying to blend into the bud of a goatsbeard. And my absolute favorite - an ant farm.

Yes, I'm a geek. Whenever I find ants farming aphids, the immediate area knows about it as I start to scream like a little girl. Some girls had a fuss over the Beatles, I'll have a fuss over a beetle. Yeah, terrible pun, so I'll just end there before it gets worse!

Spittle Bug and Brown Skipper

Grass Hopper on Grass

Earwig on Goatsbeard

Ants Farming Aphids

No comments: