Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Light Bulbs and Inspiration

A couple of weeks ago a light bulb blew out in our house. Not unusual. I do wonder sometimes about the wiring in this place. However, none of us had ever seen a lightbulb leave such distinct markings after such an event. Of course I had to take pictures. However, things got totally cool once I started to move it. Seems the filiment had detached and was etching a pattern in the glass. Well, that definitely had to be photographed. Of course, with the way my brain works, that still wasn't the end of the story. Once I had the photo on my computer I couldn't resist putting a little photoshopping mojo on it. I'm especially proud of the last piece. Not that I'm boasting:)




Birth of a Planet

10 comments:

Anyes said...

WOW, is all I can say, Vickie! I love how your brain works :-)

The last one is also my favourite.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks Anyes. I've decided that there may be a largre market for my art if I can master some graphic art skills. I've been practicing a lot. Plus which I love messing around in Photoshop.

laurak@forestwalkart said...

ha! those 're great!

the last 2...crazy good!! the second to last looks like little aliens floating in space...in pods!

love it!! yeah!! wild!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Laura - thank you for the wonderful comment. I definitely plan to continue honing my photoshop skills. I enjoy doing it, and I figure that's the best way to create unique products.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Very, very cool.
xo jj

VM Sehy Photography said...

Joanna - Thank you for the wonderful comment. I need to keep working on my photoshop skills. I've gotten side tracked with the real world though:) It's definitely a terrific creative outlet for me.

KB said...

They look like Christmas Tree decorations.

VM Sehy Photography said...

KB - Thank you for the cool comment. I didn't think about that but they do kind of look like Christmas Tree decorations. Perhaps I should make one out these photos and see what it looks like.

Hilary said...

That is indeed unique... I've never seen a light bulb do that before. Isn't Photoshop a blast.. so to speak. ;)

Oh ugh... new word verification is making me crazy. Think you might consider removing it? Maybe? Please? :)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Hilary - Thank you for the lovely comment. I have been having a lot of fun with Photoshop lately. That and instagram. Sorry about the word verification. The new one drives me crazy too. I can't read it. I'll see what I can do.