Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lunchbags and Weight

I have recently discovered the multiple exposure setting in my camera's menu. It's been a lot of fun trying to line up items that make an impact on each other. The first image below is a combination of a ladybug magnet and my lunch bag. I wanted the pattern of the bag to cover the magnet which I think it did nicely. The second photo was merely the happy accident of some experimentation. I happened to notice that the middle of the tape dispenser was about the same size as the circle which shows the numbers for the scale. The outcome was very pleasing.  The title of said photo is not a Freudian slip;)
Lady Lunch

Sticky Weight

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Well that's fun stuff. I can imagine a great series of this combination photos.

Anyes said...

I love how you do this. It looks like fun, I have to try to see it on my camera :-)

Barbara said...

That's so cool! Love the last one. I don't think my camera has this, but I'm going to dig around and find out.

CherylK said...

Very, very cool! I'm with Hilary...a series would be wonderful!

laurak@forestwalkart said...

love these experiments of yours!! really cool!!
keep playing with it!! :)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comments everyone.

Hilary - You have given me an idea for a set of greeting cards. I will have to figure that out.

Anyes - Definitely find the setting. It's a lot of fun to play around with.

Barbara - Hope your camera has this in the menu. It's a lot of fun. I'm always surprised by the outcome.

CherylK - I have a ton of these, so a series is possible.

Laura - Thank you for the encouragement. I'm definitely going to continue working on it. I've been adding different lighting to the shots and longer exposures. Trying to find objects that I think will blend really well. I definitely love this feature on my camera.