Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sundays in My City - A Buzzing World

Sunday's in My City is hosted by Unknown Mami. Here we all have a chance to show off the wonderful cities we live in. Drop by and check it out or perhaps take a moment and post a few shots of your hometown.

My life has kicked into hyperdrive lately and as a result, I have not had many opportunities to get out and about. Today however, I decided to at least get in my daily walk. Excellent decsion. When I got near the dandelion like weeds near the golf course, I found them abuzz with activity. The bees were out and about gathering the last remaining bits of pollen.

Writing of remains, when I got home my son and his friend informed me of an old bees' nest that had been found during some work we were having done on the house. I took a moment to snap some shots. I can't really tell what happened to the bee lying on top of it. If it never quite fully formed or if it got squashed somehow.

If creepy crawlies aren't your thing, drop by Sunday's in My City for more shots of various cities.





6 comments:

KB said...

Great pics.

I'd love you to share your pics with me at Walkabout

May said...

You are brave to get very close to the bees!!! Good luck on your daily walks!! I cannot tell you how many times have I begun and stopped. I lack motivation..:(
Also your new follower,
May.

Andrea said...

Very interesting serie indeed.
Great macro and Great Colors.

VM Sehy Photography said...

KB - Thank you for the kind comment and the invite. I will check it out.

May - Welcome. I wasn't always so brave around bees. I lived in Salt Lake City for awhile. You have to get along with bees to live there. That went a long way towards removing my fear. I haven't been stung yet. Walking is tough, but I just push myself to do it. I gained 10 pounds this summer, and it's not coming off too easily. However, I haven't gained any more which is good. I don't want to get up to 180 pounds again.

Andrea - Thank you for the kind comments. Bees are really interesting colors. All the different shades of yellow and orange with bits of black. I have some purple flowers in my garden that make good contrasting bee shots.

Unknown Mami said...

The last one is my favorite. I could never get close enough to get these shots. Well done.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Unknown Mami. That last shot is of a dead nest. I still got a stick and poked it first just to check. If makes me feel better.