Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday - A Cool Rock Pattern

Shadow Shot Sunday is hosted by Hey Harriet. If you love shadows, stop by and check it out. Better yet, submit a shot of your own!

I captured this delicate shadow while exploring in Hyalite Canyon. This particular trail cuts through a forest that grows near the reservior. The trees let in just enough light to make for great shadow play. One of the more interesting shadows I found that day was left by the leaves near this rock.

3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

nice

MyMaracas said...

Lovely shadows, very dark and crisp.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Ellen - Thank you for the comment. I like to hike through this area. It's very beautiful. One of these days I'll have enough time to go farther up the trail than half a mile.

MyMaracas - Thank you for the comment. I like your description of the shadows. That day was pretty crisp in general. A preview of fall.