Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Life in an Iowa Meadow

While visiting my dad in Iowa, I always make a point of going out into the meadow behind his house searching for subjects to photograph. In my case, it would be anything small with many legs. The meadow never disappoints me. In fact, I never cease to be amazed at how much life lives in a couple of acres of flowers.

The plume moth, however, was not one of those specimens. I found him when I arrived back at the house. He was clinging to the front screen door. It seems that I can't go wrong visiting Iowa in the summer. No matter where I look, I always find some interesting bug or spider to photograph.


2 comments:

Monica Devine said...

I spent a couple summers in South Dakota, and remember the boxelder bugs congregating en masse on my doorstep...enjoy your photos!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Monica - Thank you for the wonderful comment. Those boxelder bugs are a pain. I had a friend who said her house was full of dead piles of them. She'd vacuum and the next day there'd just be more. Frustrating, I'm sure.