Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Cottonwoods and Insects

On our way to Iowa, we pass through Broadus, Montana. This town meets up perfectly with our need to stop and take a break. We ususally do this at Cottonwood Park. A charming place with huge cottonwood trees, playground equipment and lots of flowers. Perfect for shade, relaxation or, if you're me, photo ops.

Last time I went through, I noticed that the cottonwoods had attracted a large aphid population. While cool to photograph, they were wrecking havoc on the tree leaves. I'm hoping some lady bugs will relocate and take care of the pesky critters.




Bonus Shot of a Beetle on a Flower
If it were a ladybug, it could eat the aphids

2 comments:

Getrealmommy said...

Yikes. Not a bug fan! Go away bugs... ;)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Get Real Mommy - I can understand. I have a friend that follows my blog that isn't a big fan either, so I had her in mind when I made the warning label. They don't bother me so much as long as they aren't crawling on me.