Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Butterflies and Moths at Buffalo Jump

Last time I visited one of my favorite haunts, Madison Buffalo Jump State Park, the moths and butterflies were out in full force. Not always the easiest creatures to photograph since they aren't very good at sitting still. Even so, I found a few willing subjects which always makes my day.


Plume Moth

Melissa Blue

Common Checkered Butterfly

I think this is another blue,
but I can't positively identify which kind.


View Larger Map

4 comments:

Getrealmommy said...

I may possibly offend you, but I am creeped out by all bugs, even butterflys. I know. I am crazy. Sorry! :)

VM Sehy Photography said...

No offense taken. I understand.

Sorry about all the insects lately. I'm getting caught up on all my summer photography. Next time, I'll come by and comment after I post something more benign.

Monica Devine said...

These are beautiful! I especially like the Plume moth, with legs like a water strider...so elegant.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the lovely comment Monica. I think the Plume Moth is pretty cool too. They do have water strider legs. I never thought about that before.