Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sundays in My City - Langohr Gardens

Every Sunday Unknown Mami gives us a chance to share where we live with others across the world wide web. Check it out and share a piece of where you live!

Langohr Park is home to Langohr Gardens, a combination of community gardening and some very breathtaking flower gardens. Every time I drive by, I think I really need to figure out how to get over here on the trails. Well, on Sunday, I set out to do just that. From my house, it's a mere 3 miles round trip, so a pretty basic hike. Definitely worth the effort, too. The bees were all abuzz amongst the flowers. Plus, I found a very beautiful caterpillar nestled among some purple flowers. Definitely the highlight of the trip.

Bumble Bee Preparing to Take Off

Unidentified Caterpillar - Possibly an Owlet Moth


To find Langohr Park on the map below you will need to scroll north. The map had Langohr Avenue marked, but wouldn't let me pinpoint the park itself.


View Larger Map

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh that is a gorgeous bee photo. Quite the best one I've seen.
Scary caterpillar, tho. I don't think we have such bright ones here.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Linda thank you for the wonderful comment. I kind of thought that the caterpillar was pretty. I'm sure he's poisonous though with those bright colors. I don't pick up caterpillars because you never know what defense mechanism they may have.

Cindy said...

Wowee, that's one pink caterpillar! Can you save him and raise him to see what he grows into?

VM Sehy Photography said...

Cindy, I would try that, but I've never seen another one, and I'm afraid I'd screw up and he'd die. My self-confidence in such matters is sorely lacking.

Perhaps I should start carrying jars or something with me for just such an occasion.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love that you caught the movement of the bumbles wings! Awesome shot. Well and that caterpillar on the purple flower with the yellow center. That's just incredible. I love it.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Kristin. I'm always aiming for capturing bees in flight. I was surprised at how this one turned out. I think I caught him right before he took off. Makes me wonder if they start their wings up first and then push off of the flower.