Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reptile Gardens

One of our favorite places to visit when we're staying in Rapid City is Reptile Gardens. There's always something new to discover. This trip the two Bearded Dragons below ran out onto the walkway and started to tussle with each other. I don't know if it was a territory issue or what. They continued their wrestling once they made it back to their habitat. (Can't call it an enclosure. It's wide open.) Also while there I always check the trees especially once we're on the second level. I'm at least guaranteed a view of a snake. This year I was pleasantly surprised to find lizards up on the tree leaves as well. I highly recommend visiting if you're a fan of reptiles and ever in Rapid City, South Dakota.

Red-Eared Slider

Lizard on Palm Leaf

Bearded Dragons

Tarantula

4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Great pics. Especially the red ear slider.

forestwalk/laura k said...

LOVE these pictures!! if you know me at all...you know how much i love lizards...turtles...bugs! well, i could do without the tarantula...but VERY cool to look at! nice pictures!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Whoa! That tarantula scared me! (I'm such a wimp.)
Cheers, jj

VM Sehy Photography said...

Ellen - Thank you for the kind comment. I'm actually hoping I can find some turtles in the wild when I head up to Missoula in about a week. That would be cool. Meanwhile I was very pleased with this shot. I always have such a tough time photographing these guys when we're there. It's kind of dark in their tank which doesn't help.

Laura - Thank you for the enthusiastic comment. I'm fond of everything pretty much. Unless it stings, but I got over that fear when I lived in Salt Lake City. Too many bees there to be afraid of them. The tarantula was behind glass in his cage, so he's safe, and so am I:) The only time I've seen one on the wild, it ran under a rock, and all I could see was its eyes glowing. Couldn't get a picture of that which was a bit of a bummer.

Joanna - Sorry for the scare. I should have put up my insect warning. I forget other people don't find giant spiders as cool as I do.