Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Iowa Bugs

Back in June, we went home to Iowa to visit my dad. Behind his house, is a field which has always been a favorite wandering place for me. (Well, not so much in my early childhood since it was woods and kind of scary, but if all the kids were running in there to play, I'd follow along.) In more recent years, the person who owns the field has planted a wildflower garden in it. Now, it definitely calls to me. I find the most interesting things in that meadow.  Ladybugs, fireflies and spiders are only the beginning.  Just don't ask me what that fly at the bottom is.  He's cool though.





4 comments:

ellen abbott said...

Really great photos. Love the lady bug.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the wonderful comment Ellen. It's hard to take a bad picture in that meadow. I can't walk a foot without finding an insect. Sometimes several in the same little patch of meadow.

forestwalk/laura k said...

very cool pic's! i like the spider,leaf,web,shadow one!!! very nice!!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Laura - I like the spider shadow, too. I always look forward to my visits home because I'm bound to find something interesting in that meadow.