Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Do Not Get the Wristband...

unless you're planning on being at the fair all day long. Since we didn't get there until 6 and didn't start riding rides until 6:30, we made a financial miscalculation. My husband wanted to know if I would ride ten rides since that was the break even point for buying a wrist band. Looking around at the rides while calculating my bravery factor, I confidently said yes. What I failed to take into account was the fact that as the evening wore on, the lines got longer and longer. It took us at least half an hour to get onto the Ferris wheel. I don't even like Ferris wheels that much, but I was going for full out brave. I wasn't going to let my fear of heights win. No siree. Not tonight. I actually enjoyed it. If you can stand the mundane conversation, you can catch the view in the video below. If you'd like the view sans conversation, you can always hit the mute button. I wouldn't blame you.





If you've been patient enough to get this far, here are some views of the rides at night. I do love the lights of the fairgrounds. Yet the lights in Las Vegas overwhelm me. Go figure.




2 comments:

Linda said...

A few seconds of the video clip was enough for my fragile sense of balance, but I loved the still shots. Iconic fairground stuff.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Linda. I do okay with movement, but I have really rough time with heights. I appreciate you making it through a few seconds of the video.