Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bite of Bozeman

Sweet Pea Festival time has come around again. It seems to fly up on me more quickly each year. As is tradition (at least for five years now) in our household, we kicked off Sweet Pea by attending Bite of Bozeman. This event is a lot of fun. Just walking down the street taking in the aroma that wafts through the air is worth the effort to brave traffic and get downtown. I decided that I would stick with my favorite choice - a turkey leg and a water. That way I get some food in my tummy and avoid the crankies. Which is a good thing because we often see our neighbors, friends, school associates and co-workers while wandering. I know they all love me for who I am, but only to a certain point. Besides the chance to meet and greet, I love to wander because I get to hear great music, see great art and check out all the chalk drawings from Chalk on the Walk. Enjoy the small slice of Bite of Bozeman that I captured below!




2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm intrigued by your 'crankies'. Are they weird people selling food, or people selling weird food?

VM Sehy Photography said...

Linda - sorry for the confusion. I'm referring to an emotion. I get irritable if I don't eat by a certain time. And I don't do well in crowds. Add that to a child who is complaining that it's too hot and they can't find anything to eat. Don't forget a dash of frustration on your spouse's part, and next thing you know we're that bickering family at a public event. Not good. So far my friends will still talk to me when they see me there, so I guess maybe it's not as bad as I make it sound. Still, I took the bull by the horns this year and ate early. Glad I did. We actually had a great time. And I had a smile on my face when I saw my friends.

Sweet Pea is pretty particular about who gets in to serve food. So the food and the people are not too weird. Some of the people wandering the streets, that's a different issue altogether.