Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sundays in My City - Raging Waters

Sundays in My City is hosted by Unknown Mami. Each Sunday she gives us all a chance to share our corner of the world with others. Check it out. Better yet, show us around your corner of the world!

This Sunday we managed to find time to hike to one of our favorite spots - Grotto Falls. The effort was worth it just to witness the sheer power of the falls at full throttle. With the high amount of rainfall we received this spring and the snow just now melting off the mountains, the falls were in full glory. See for yourself.

Downstream From the Falls

Fast Running Water at the Top

Fast Running Water 2

Side View of Grotto Falls







View Larger Map

6 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

I find these images awe-inspiring.

forestwalk/laura k said...

very nice!! how refreshing...in this heat!
i love waterfalls...ANY kind of running...rushing...crashing...water!!

Barbara said...

We have hardly any water down here, so I really enjoyed these!!

Getrealmommy said...

Makes me want to get back to Colorado!

Hilary said...

So refreshing during our heat wave.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Unknown Mami - Thank you for the kind comment. I don't think my photography has been called awe-inspiring before.

Laura - I love waterfalls, too. Next week I'm going to try and find a different set in Hyalite Canyon. I'll have to see. Saw bear scat there today, so I had to abort my mission.

Barbara - Glad I could get you a water fix. Hope it rains your way soon.

Get Real Mommy - It does have that Colorado feel to it. I miss Colorado too. We talk about retiring there.

Hilary - Thank you for the kind comment. Hoping you have some cooler weather soon. We've got a nice thunderstorm going now, so the air is very crisp and cool.