Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sundays in My City - Double Exposure

Unknown Mami hosts Sundays in My City and gives us a chance to show off where we live each week. Stop by and check it out. Better yet, show us your city!

Not much was happening around Bozeman today. At least my version of it. I got trapped at home due to a car hood latch that broke - again! So my husband spent all Sunday fixing it. He's my hero in case I've never mentioned that.

And what did this lady of leisure do? I discovered that my camera has a multiple exposure setting. This feature is the bomb! So while my husband was straining away fixing our poor old car, I was running around the house finding things to photograph together. What can I say? My camera rocks and my husband rocks even more!




8 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

How fun! What kind of a camera do you have?

PartlySunny said...

That first one is WAY cool. I remember trying to do this with film and pretty much failing miserably. I think my dad (and everyone else from his era) has some, too. It was really big for a while. But this is awesome. Ah, digital.

SE'LAH... said...

you make the simpliest items look so sophisticated. ;)

happy belated birthday...hope you are doing well. sending lots of positive vibes your way.

one love.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Unknown Mami - I have a Nikon D300. I think it's the best camera I've ever had. Until I bought it, I still had a film camera, as well. This is the first digital camera I've had where I can't tell the difference between the shots I take with it and the shots I take with a film camera.

Partly Sunny - Thank you for the kind comment. I imagine it would be quite difficult to do a double exposure with film. I remember that being the big thing as well. I took a class a long time ago and learned to develop black and white photos. Getting one photo through the whole process was trying. I can't imagine trying to lay a second image on top of it.

Se'Lah - Thank you for the wonderful comment and birthday wishes. I have been well just way too busy. Feel bad because I don't get around to everyone's blogs like I used to.

Hilary said...

Very cool.. I love the bubbly window treatment.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Hilary - Thank you for the kind comment. I mixed a shot of our window with the bubbles on our water containers to achieve the effect. Those bubbles were really cool and I tried all kinds of double exposures with them. Some worked better than others.

ethelmaepotter! said...

ooooohh...LOVE the window and the hairbrush! You are one of those rare artists who sees beauty beyond the ordinary.

VM Sehy Photography said...

ethelmaepotter - Thank you for the awesome comment. I liked the way the shape of the brush and the curtains complimented each other. I laid the brush on the microwave, of all things, to get a nice solid black background. Turned out way cooler than I expected.