Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Sundays in My City - Come in Out of the Hail

Sundays in My City is hosted by Unknown Mami who gives us all a chance to show off where we live. Stop by for a visit and don't forget to give us a tour of your neck of the woods as well.

Bozeman saw quite the excitement this past Sunday. We had a hail storm! And not having the sense to come in out of it, I stood in our garage and video taped it. Well, no tape involved in this digital age, of course. My particularly favorite part is when the hail starts to ping pong across all the containers in the garage. You even get a glimpse of my lovely tennis shoe as I attempt to show how close it comes flying by me.





What surprised me was hardly any of it had melted when I got up this morning. I know our back yard doesn't get any sun, but wow, it's like the hail was here to stay. Check out the before and afters below.





Here's hoping the weather in your neck of the woods has been less exciting!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Wow.. that's quite the hailstorm. Hopefully you didn't have much damage.

Unknown Mami said...

Yup, the weather here has been downright boring compared to where you are.

ellen abbott said...

wow. we get hail sometimes but it's usually accompanied by rain.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you everyone for the kind comments. The weather settled some before we left for vacation. The hail did not do that much damage which is fortunate. We still have to get our house fixed up from the last bunch of storm damage.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Fabulous pictures of the hail - we had some yesterday, but there's been so much lately, I didn't even get up to see it; just heard that unmistakeable hail noise coming down the chimney. Only lasted a minute or so, thank goodness!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Ethelmae. Fortuneately most of the hail storms that we get are pretty tame. I'm hoping we start seeing more sunny days.