Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Sundays in My City - Duck Antics

Each Sunday we all get a chance to show off the town we live in thanks to Unknown Mami who hosts Sundays in my City.

Here in Bozeman, we decided to take advantage of the spring like day and go out to Bozeman Pond to feed the ducks. I think we hit mating season. All I know is the mallards seemed to be fighting over this one duck. Swooping in on each other. Trying to herd her around. Keeping close tabs, making sure she didn't wander off with the other one. Even another duck got in on it chasing the object of the mallards' effections off at one point. A lot of good that did her. Seemed like pairs had finally been chosen as evening fell.

In the meantime, I got some good action shots.




8 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Great action shots!

Keetha Broyles said...

Beautiful!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you both for the kind comments. The ducks were literally flying over my head. I didn't have time to adjust the focus because I had it in the manual setting, so I just kept shooting. I lucked out in that some of the pictures turned out.

mominrome said...

HOw beautiful...
poetic too!

forestwalk/laura k said...

beautiful shots!! what a nice way to spend part of your sunday! :]


((FYI: by the way...my latest post didn't make it into google reader AGAIN! OR any other FEED! so please go visit me when u get a chance...suwannee river post!))

VM Sehy Photography said...

Mom in Rome - Thank you for the gracious comment. Motion shots are always so hard. I try to aim for the poetic motion end of the spectrum. Not the blur with eye strain end of the spectrum. Glad you liked the pics.

Laura - Thank you for the kind comment. It was a beautiful way to spend our evening. Now if the weather would just be that nice again:) Sorry to hear about your post problems. Other blogs I follow have that problem from time to time, and I don't know what causes it. Hopefully it will straighten out. I will definitely be by later today.

Linda said...

Very energetic ducks! And what a lovely evening light in these shots.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Linda - Thank you for the kind comment. I guess their energy is well placed. I'd be sad if there weren't any ducklings around this season.