Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sundays in My City - Styrofoam Snow

Unknown Mami hosts Sundays in My City giving us all a chance to show off where we live. Drop by and check it out. Better yet, show us around your town!

Here in Bozeman it started to snow again. Lately, we've been getting this snow that's almost hail. It doesn't quite hurt as hard when it bumps against your skin. The sky looks like it's raining styrofoam bits. I actually find this kind of snow quite interesting. Today, I finally got around to capturing some of it for my blog.




5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I too live in the part of the world where flowers are as of yet nonexistent. I like to call that style of snow "slow" or "sneet."

Came by from SIMC Linky party.

Unknown Mami said...

I always love your photographs of snow.

forestwalk/laura k said...

i like those little crystal balls!

(easy for me to say...i know you've had about enough! but thanks anyway!)
nice pic's!

Hilary said...

We seem to be getting similar weather. Your photos depict it beautifully.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Keetha - I like the word sneet. Describes this type of snow perfectly.

Unknown Mami - Thank you for the kind comment. I'll feel better when I'm out in the white stuff next time. I love photographing it. I could do without the cutting wind that sometimes comes along with it. Spring hasn't been too bad. Just cold enough to snow or warm enough to snow as my husband would say.

Laura - Thank you for the kind comment. I know that when I lived in California, by the coast, I missed snow a lot. I, too, would have been more than happy to see pictures of it back then.

Hilary - Thank you for the kind comment. Perhaps soon spring will come into full glory for both of us. Although, while this was going on, my husband made an uncharacteristic remark something about nice to see Spring is here. I said this is Spring. We're in Montana remember?