Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Submit Your Images - 2012 ESA Calendar & Good Luck Wishes

A big thank you to Alex Wild at Myrmecos for sharing the following call for submission on his blog.  Mr. Wild blogs about ants.  I enjoy the photos and the information on his site.

Here's the link for the submission information:
Submission to the Entomological Society of America's 2012 Calendar.

You don't have to belong to the society to submit.  The nearest thing I could find about photo rights is at this link: Membership Photocall.  They don't seem to be attached to owning others' works so I went ahead and submitted the following photos.  Wish me luck.  Good luck in return should you choose to submit as well.



Honey Bee and Hairy Scarab Beetle on a Tea Rose

Note: The Scarab Beetle is a Honey Bee Mimic.
I was thrilled to get this side by side shot.

Golden-Haired Flower Longhorn

Robber Fly - Neomochtherus geniculatus

4 comments:

Jillsy Girl said...

good luck! all three are great!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Jill. I just received an email from them acknowledging that they received my email. Which is great. That's rare in this day and age. So I don't know yet if there's a yes there, but that says to me that I am in the running.

Bossy Betty said...

WoW!!!!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Bossy Betty. I've got my fingers crossed. I would be thrilled to get in a calendar that will be seen by entomologists.