Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sundays in My City - Fabric Shopping

Hosted by Unknown Mami, Sundays in My City is a chance to show off our neck of the woods.

Here in mine, I had the pleasure of shopping for fabric. I couldn't pass up the chance to buy the lovely fabric pictured below. The problem is, I didn't really have any projects to use it for. But that's never stopped me before nor did it stop me today. After giving it some serious thought, I came up with the idea of plush dragons. And so I spent the rest of my day designing the pattern and copying it onto tracing paper. Depending upon how well the sewing goes and whether I know what I'm doing or not, I should have the first dragon completed at the end of this week. If I don't know what I'm doing, it'll probably be another two weeks, and I may need to head back to the drawing board to fix any problems. I'll post the completed project once it's done.





6 comments:

ellen abbott said...

can't wait to see it.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Ellen. I'm hoping that my imagination can traslate into a finished product. I've really worked hard on this compared to some of my other creations. Ususally I just get an idea and start cutting, so the finished item doesn't quite look like I intended. This time I measured and cut out a pattern.

I'm going to take it slow though. Otherwise I'll get frustrated and give up. Just going to work on it like a puzzle. When things don't work out, figure out why, take notes and fix it. I would like to make this item more than once, so I need a really good pattern and set of instructions.

BLOGitse said...

What a beautiful fabric!
Dragon, huh, so many pieces...good luck, waiting to see when ready!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you BLOGitse. One of the puzzles I'm trying to solve is how all the pieces will go together. I have some ideas. It may take a couple of tries to get it just right. I don't want to make it too complicated. I'd like to be able to make these dragons pretty easily. So I'll mess with the first one until I get it so. I'm thinking after that, it'll get faster with each one I make.

Unknown Mami said...

Wow! I am impressed by your initiative. I look forward to the finished products.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Unknown Mami. I'm hoping my talent matches my ambition.