Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Husband, The Paper Doll



I'd like to say thank you to Hilary over at The Smitten Image for giving me this Post of the Week Award. After reading the award winning post, drop by Hilary's and check out her awesome photography.

As is tradition this time of year, my husband shaved his hair for St. Baldrick's. This year he had the help of some cohortshis co-workers. The first photo depicts the stages of hairstyles that will be achieved on the way to complete baldness. Why? Because you have to videotape the impending doom selfless act of charity of course. You can't just shave a guy bald, you have to make fashion statements along the way. And so I bring you the grand scheme of my husband and his co-workers.

Also a big thank you to Angie for cutting Chris' hair again this year. She works at Hair It Is in Bozeman, MT.

Storyboard - Drawing by Dan DeFrance

One Last Look at Those Beautiful Locks

While a Trendy Cut - 'Tis Only the Beginning

Gotta Have a Montage

Bald / Mr. Clean Look

Residuum
Yes, that's a real word. 
I overused remnant :)


PS - My husband does not like mustaches. That's why you will never see one on his face again.

16 comments:

Jillsy Girl said...

How funny! He does this every year?

VM Sehy Photography said...

This is the third year he's done it. I couldn't believe the guys at work talked him into removing his beard. He looks so naked. They were discussing the eyebrows, but sanity prevailed.

It's a great cause. St. Baldrick's is an annual event that a lot of companies participate in. The proceeds go to researching childhood cancer. IGT's involvement was started by a father who lost his little girl to cancer.

Chris is hoping to go seven years so that he can become a knight of the bald table or something like that. I admire his sense of charity. He's one of the most giving people I know, and I hope to be like him when I grow up:)

Hilary said...

Oh good for him. His charitable heart is beautiful.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Hilary - He truly is a beautiful soul.

Joanna Jenkins said...

High Five to your husband!!!! That's a huge change but what a great cause. He rocks!
Cheers, jj

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks Joanna. He does rock. I'm very proud of him.

PartlySunny said...

This is so cool! I have a friend whose little boy is going through treatment for ALL, so her family is raising money, and her husband and his little brother are shaving their heads for St. Baldrick's. I'm going to send her this link. I think she'll love it.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Partly Sunny. I think my husband is the coolest for doing this, too. Hope your friend and her family can raise a lot of money and that her little boy is doing OK.

forestwalk/laura k said...

what a great guy to do something like that! and NOT just the shaved TOP...beard too! wow!
couldn't he have at least waited til the weather warmed up??
(now where's that wooly cap....)
i know, i know...tradition! he sure started a good one! a big heart he has! :]

VM Sehy Photography said...

Laura - I have a keeper for sure. I'm not sure it's the time of year so much as where we chose to live. If we still lived in California, it might be a bit warmer and not so inconvenient. He's tough, though. The cold doesn't bother him too much. Although he feels it more without all that hair.

I about fainted when his co-workers talked him into shaving the beard as well. He doesn't part with it easily.

forestwalk/laura k said...

oh, i know what you mean about the beard, Vickie!! and NOT wanting to part with it so easy...you've seen pic's of sam (my hubby) ...his beard is down to his waist! he doesn't take too kindly to people messing with it!! SO your husband, for sure...needs a great big cheer...a WHOOO-YA...yay for him...for doing such a good deed! yeah!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful gesture - and I love the fun way it was done. Great shots!!He's obviously a great guy!!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Barbara. He is a pretty cool dude. And a very good sport.

CherylK said...

Oh, Vicky, what a fun post!! I love the progressive photos! Besides being a wonderful and generous person, your hubby is very handsome!

Oh, and congratulations on your POTW honor! A good choice, for sure.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Cheryl. It's always a lot of fun at this event. His co-workers love to get in on the act and give him a lot of trouble - I mean love:) He keeps trying to convince them to go for it, but no one else is quite as brave.

PS - Thank you for letting me know about POTW. I need to go by Hilary's and thank her.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Back to say congrats on your POTW from HIlary!
Cheers, jj