Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Winter Vegetation

Today I thought I'd take a moment and get caught up on some of the photos I've been meaning to post. I took these shots while I was hiking near Peet's Hill in Burke Park. The guys like to go sledding, but I've avoided it ever since I took a tumble on the hill. However, I still like to tag along and see what there is to photograph. On this day, I found the dead leaves and berries made quite interesting subjects. I'm still anxious for those fresh shoots to show up, though.



3 comments:

forestwalk/laura k said...

very nice.
i especially like the decomposing leaf...all the veins...i have taken many shots like that one too!

although it's not as cold where i live...all the lizards and bugs...have gone into hiding...i can't wait for them to start to venture out!!
Happy Sunday!! and keep taking those awesome photos, Vickie!! :laura

CherylK said...

I totally agree...dead leaves and berries are perfect subjects. I think it's because they're so textural. These shots are great. By the way, I just love that sidebar photo of your hubby...

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comments Laura. I, too, am anxiously awaiting spring. We have an exhibit of frogs coming to our museum, so hopefully that will tide me over.

Cheryl: My husband bicycles no matter how cold it gets. Well, I guess if his pedals wouldn't move he'd walk home. I took that shot of him when he got home one day and he was covered in frost. He looks like that a lot in the winter.