Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sundays in My City - In Motion

Unknown Mami hosts Sundays in My City giving everyone a chance to tour different cities from around the world. Check it out!

Here in Bozeman, not a lot was going on, not in our corner of it anyway. A quick game of mini golf and a trip to the Barnes and Noble. On the way down to the mall, I was frustrated by my efforts to photograph a couple of local eagles. The second one was flying and that was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. So after ranting about how well my seatbelt works, my husband made the comment that usually he just points the 810 at the window and clicks. Laugh all you like. It works. The man is brilliant. I decided that might not be a bad experiment and started shooting his style with my D300. Can't say that I got what one might call brillianty sharp and composed photos, but I did get some pretty nifty motion shots.

PS - Yes, my seatbelt frustrates me. If I didn't have to wear it, I could actually swivel my hips and keep shooting out the back windows by the cargo area. I have yet to loosen it because should I need it, I'd like to live another day to get that next shot. I will with that darn thing on. I swear it has no give.


2 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Very interesting shots. The movement and colors are fun.

The seatbelt can be a problem but it's good to wear it for the very reason you gave.

Have a great week, jj

Unknown Mami said...

That second shot is pretty darned groovy.