Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Skywatch Friday - Wyoming Moon

For today's Skywatch Friday post, I dug back into my archives and came across some photos I took over Christmas break. We were on our way to Colorado which means a stop in Casper, Wyoming. I would say we were about 50 miles from our destination when we happened to notice this gorgeous full moon. In fact, when we first spotted the moon, it was orange-red. That faded by the time we could safely pull over the car for me to snap a couple of shots. Still, the moon is spectacular in its girth.

PS - I have no idea what the red dot is. Possibly an airplane light? I would say it's a star but it moved substantially over the three or four photos I shot.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh pretty shot!

forestwalk/laura k said...

very nice moon shot!

the moon is always so magical...mysterious...enchanting!

and your picture says all that...to me...
:laura

ceodraiocht said...

Your photo is simply exquisite! Love the ice crystals post as well.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am always thrilled whenever I manage to get a good shot of the moon.

Andrea said...

lovely moon, and very big shot.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Andrea. Whenever we head back to Colorado for Christmas, we manage to hit the full moon in Wyoming. It's always an impressive view.