Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Prompt Me! Wednesday - Blossom

Every Wednesday Jillsy Girl puts together Prompt Me! Wednesday inviting us to put on our thinking caps. Stop by and check it out, better yet, play along!

This week's prompt was Blossom - What's blossoming in your life? Well, I pondered that question and realized, that much like the outside, I'm currently in hibernation.  I set about tilling my brain cells hoping to uncover some fertile thoughts. Soon a sprout of an idea began to push above the soil. Sure not much is blooming now, but I do have some photos that hint at what will soon bloom. 

While not much pokes above the soil now,
soon the grass will turn green. 
Quickly afterwards, the tender shoots will be joined by
irises, roses and columbines.





The blanket of snow protects these seedlings which will soon twirl away
to blossom into full grown trees themselves.












































6 comments:

Jillsy Girl said...

Surprisingly, I saw my first butterfly today which is extremely early, so maybe Spring is just around the corner!

I love that ice cluster shot! Enjoy your hibernation while it lasts, and thanks for jumping on the Blog Hop!

Barbara Shallue said...

Beautiful photos! I'm ready for things to start blooming around here, too!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Jillsy Girl - I am definitely trying to enjoy the hibernation. I need it to get over this frustrating sinus infection. I so hope spring is just around the corner. Our weather can't make up its mind. One day the snow melts and the next day it's freezing cold again. Well, actually, it did both today.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Barbara. I am totally Jonesing to get outside. Unfortunately, winter weather can last until June in Montana. Blah. Hope it warms up for you soon.

Ocean Girl said...

Beautiful picture of the snow blanket. Soon I think, everything will bloom. Where we are it is hot all the time, but it is raining season now. I noticed that our flowers are blooming.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Welcome Ocean Girl. Thank you for the kind comment. I can hardly wait for our flowers to bloom. It'll be awhile though. It just snowed again yesterday.