Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sundays in My City - More MOR

Sundays in My City is hosted by Unknown Mami. Drop by and check out what's happening in other cities around the world.

We spent our day at the Museum of the Rockies. They currently have an exhibit called Wolf to Woof which illustrates how dogs evolved from wolves and other wild canines. It's pretty cool. This exhibit covers how dogs fit into many different cultures. Also some of the jobs dogs do in our culture. And of course why it's important to spay and neuter.

We wanted to see this exhibit one more time before it gets replaced in February by frogs. I'm not complaining. I plan to go as soon as it opens. We have one awesome museum!

Eskimo Carving

Channel Island Fox - Synthetic Material


Dog in Trash - Why to Spay or Neuter

6 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Aww, the dog in trash makes me feel sad.

VM Sehy Photography said...

It is sad. I imagine living on the street is a rough life for a dog.

ceodraiocht said...

Found your site through Sundays in My city. Love the carving!

myrelish said...

What a fantastic place to visit.

forestwalk/laura k said...

cool carving...and fox!
the dog in trash is pretty cool too...but kinda sad...he looks so dirty...homeless...too real! (i just want to take him home...clean him up...and feed him!)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. It is a cool place to visit. Yeah, I can't look at the dog sculpture too long when I'm there. I start to wonder if someone saw this dog then drew it or photographed it. I imagine the sculpture has some roots in a real life situation. If so, I hope that the dog has been rescued.