Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sundays in My City - Burke Park

Sundays in My City is hosted by Unknown Mami. Stop by and check out other cities from around the world.

Due to the huge amount of snowfall we received last week, the guys decided to go sledding today. I like to tag along and hike around the area. Last year, I spent a good amount of time exploring the nearby cemetary. This year, I'll be spending more time on the trails near Burke Park. The first couple of shots were taken on Boyd Trail which goes along the ridge at the top of the park. The last one was taken in my old haunt (pun intended) - Sunset Hills Cemetery.


Burke Park Scenic


Fringe of Frost on a Grassblade

Sunset Hills Cemetery - Late Afternoon Sun

Now that you've enjoyed some of the best scenic views that Bozeman has to offer, drop by and say hello to Unknown Mami and some of the other Sundays in My City participants.


View Larger Map

8 comments:

ellen abbott said...

love the picture of the cemetary and the fronst on the grass blade too.

Unknown Mami said...

I've never seen a cemetery in the snow. Pretty cool looking.

Anyes said...

Vickie, Simply stunning, I love the light in the sky with the mountain on the horizon... Thank you

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comments everyone. I apologize for being slow to respond the season has me running raggard unfortunately.

This cemetary is one of my favorite spots in the winter. Its close to the sledding hill my son and husband like to go to. And the lighting is really gorgeous.

arabesque said...

the place looks solemn, really quiet and such clarity in those small details.
I usually have a bad feeling when you say cemetery but these fotos are just beautiful. ^0^

VM Sehy Photography said...

Arabesque - Thank you for the kind comment. Cemetery does have that kind of negative tone to it. I tried to think of a more pleasant word, but all I could come up with was grave yard which is worse.

Hilary said...

Beautiful photos one and all but the shadows and light in the last one are amazing.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you for the kind comment Hillary. I really love the way the light comes into this cememtary. I'm wondering if that is the reason this spot was picked for a final resting place.