Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One Word Wednesday - What's the Connection?

One word Wednesday is the brainchild of Jillsy Girl. Today's word is connect. And there is a definite connection to all three photos below. Scroll to find out. One answer is obvious, the other probably I only know.




By now I'm sure you've guessed that these are all mushrooms. The other connection is that these photographs were all taken in Hyalite Canyon on the Blackmore Trail.

Check out more connections at Jillsy Girl. You can even join in the fun!


View Larger Map

7 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Great images.

Jillsy Girl said...

and they all look like sponges! :-)

Juana said...

Loved the photos! Especially the first one...beautiful colors. Nice post!!

ellen abbott said...

Nice. Fungi are so amazing.

Barbara Shallue said...

Wow, I didn't even realize they were all mushrooms! The first one looked like a wasp nest from the side to me.
Wonderful images - and I learned something!! Now I'll be looking for mushrooms to photograph...

VM Sehy Photography said...

Jill - they do look like sponges.

Barbara - that first one does have a kind of honeycomb look to it. The resemblance to a wasp's nest hadn't occured to me. I did try to pick different kinds of mushrooms. The white ones in the middle are new to me. I've never seen anything like them.

And as always thanks to everyone for your kind comments. It means a lot and keeps me going when I'm not sure I know what I'm doing.

Hilary said...

Wonderful photos. Mushrooms can be so beautiful.