Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sundays in My City - The M

Sundays in My City is hosted by Unknown Mami. She has a really cool post at her place this week. Go check it out, and while you're there, go ahead and take a tour of some of the other cities.

Being as this was a crazy busy Sunday for us, I didn't have a chance to participate in a photo op today. Consequently, I decided to post something from earlier this week. This past week was full of really beautiful fall weather. Just warm enough to be out, but no so warm as to be hot. I decided to take advantage of the weather and get some hiking in. In fact, I decided why not aim for one of my goals. I had tried a couple of times to get to the top of Drinking Horse Trail out by the Fish Technology Center. No luck. I kept running out of time. Well, the third time's a charm. I finally made it. Definitely worth the effort. This shot was taken about 3/4 of the way up at a bend in the trail. I happened to look behind me and realized I had a clear line of sight to the M. Once I got my zoom lens out, it was like I was sitting on top of it. This is definitely the best angle for getting the whole letter in as well as for making the M look larger than life.

The M, Bozeman MT


View Larger Map

9 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Excellent!

Erin said...

What a great shot!

BLOGitse said...

What a M! :)
Have a good week ahead!

Hilary said...

Very cool shot!

Poetic Shutterbug said...

FANTASTIC shot!

Tiffany said...

here, one day it's fall, the next it's summer. i just wish it would make up it's mind.

glad you had a great weekend!

Linda said...

That's quite a landmark!
And what great weather for 'M'-spotting.

piecesofmejen.com said...

very cool pic!

Tara R. said...

That is a very cool landmark and you did a great job capturing it.