Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sundays in My City - Hyalite Canyon Grotto Falls Trail

To begin with I'd like to say thank you to Unknown Mami for hosting Sundays in My City and giving us all a chance to show off the places where we live.

Today we finally made it up to Grotto Falls as a family. My son has been a couple of times with a summer camp he attends. He was finally able to tell me how to get there, so I've been a couple of times. Then we tried two more times as a family, and just wasn't able to make it. However, persistance paid off and the whole family made it to falls for the first time today. My husband was quite impressed. Hard not to be.

Well, the trip was so productive I had a hard time choosing which photographs to put in this post. So I did a best of. Enjoy!


Fall Colors: Red Mushroom


Insects: Hover Fly in Flight

Water: Grotto Falls Backlit

4 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Jackpot on the images; they are wonderful.

Joanna Jenkins said...

The shadows and details on the falls pic is really striking! Glad the whole family got to visit this time.
Happy week, jj

Hilary said...

Looks like it was a great outing and your camera sure agrees.

Linda said...

What a great suite of photos, from the small scale to the large.