Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sundays in My City - The Haunted Museum

This week's Sundays in My City post is in honor of Halloween.

A few posts ago, I implied that the Pioneer Museum may be haunted. While on a tour, I took the following photo. When I looked at it on my computer, I noticed a very wispy formation which seemed to be hovering in the air near the glass jars. I have circled it to make it easier to see. My husband thinks, it's light coming through the window. Perhaps. I'm wondering if the Horlick's Milk Bottle is haunted since it seems to be the source of the light. I'll leave you to come to your own conclusions.

Unfortunately, I no longer volunteer at the museum. Not out of fear of ghosts, I just happened to get more hours at my school job. Being practical, I let paying our bills trump good deeds for the community.

Drop by Unknown Mami's to check out what may be haunting other cities.

PS - My friend Hilary over at The Smitten Image suggested that I include a shot free of the white line. I thought that was a good idea. So I put that one up first. I have left the outline in as the second shot just in case that does help.



Ghostly Visitor or Stray Light?




9 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Perhaps ghostly light. I'm glad you got more hours.

Happy Halloween.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Yeah, I'm glad about the hours, too. Puts me closer to the same amount of time I put in last year, and the extra money helped us get through the summer while I was off. So I guess staying even is better than going into the hole.

Getrealmommy said...

Not sure, but pretty glass bottles!

Jen said...

love the light

Hilary said...

I'd kind of like to see it without the white line drawn around it. It makes it difficult to see it for itself. Lovely bottles though.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks for the suggestion Hilary. I wasn't sure myself if the line helped that much. Glad I'm not the only one. I put in a photo without the line at the top. I even worked in a plug for your blog:)

forestwalk/laura k said...

hmmmm...kinda like a 'genie' coming out of one of those OLD bottles??!! each one has it's own story to tell...so i guess it was the milk bottle trying to tell its story....

i love old bottles...have a nice collection myself...maybe i'll see one of their spirit's some day....

looks like it was a cool place to volunteer at....

VM Sehy Photography said...

Laura, I like that Genie idea. I should have made a wish darn it. I did try to see if there was a story behind Horlick's, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

I enjoyed volunteering there a lot. I was sad to have to give it up, but I'm kind of relieved I did. With Boy Scouts starting up, all the holidays and my extra hours at school, I don't think I could've held onto my sanity. Perhaps, I'll see about putting in more time there when my schedule gets less hectic.

Jillsy said...

Ooh...who knows??!! But, I love the colorful selection of glass bottles!