Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Word Wednesday - The Circle of Life

Today is all about the word circle. I'm joining in on Jillsy Girl's One Word Wednesday. Come on by and play along!


Once again I'm putting a bit of a twist on the word. Today's post is all about the Circle of Life. The other day while feeding and walking the neighbor's dogs, my son found a dead beetle on their porch. I normally don't like to photograph dead insects. However, this one was too cool to pass up because it's still intact. You have a beetle shell with no insides. Looks like it was eaten from the inside out. I do have one guess: hornets. I saw this once in Salt Lake City. These hornets were eating a Ten-lined June Beetle from the inside out. It was about October then, too. It's my understanding that hornets will eat things like butterflies and beetles. Not knowing for sure I guess this will be one of those Unsolved Mysteries.



3 comments:

Fickle Cattle said...

Creepy and weird. But cool. Also a little yucky.

I am Fickle Cattle.

Jillsy said...

Well, I have to agree, this is a twist on the word, but the photos are surprisingly captivating! Thanks for playing along VM!

forestwalk/laura k said...

dead bugs!! i don't see anything wrong with that. it's kind of educational!!

((i hate to admit it...but i like that! and with dead bugs, you don't have to rush to get that good shot...as you always do))

...the circle of life... :]