Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

My Other Work Place Is Haunted

I have to admit that this post is a bit of a tease. When I arrived today, the Pioneer Museum was already getting ready for Halloween. They are turning it into a haunted house. I'm not a fan of such things so I will not be attending. However I could not pick a better place for such an adventure, since the building was a jail at one time. Possible specters include a man who was hung for murder. Not which to mention, an inmate who hung himself in his cell. It could be haunted. I may have proof that it is. But you'll have to wait until I post on Halloween. OOOOO, suspense!

PS - For the curious, I started working here three weeks ago as a volunteer. I've been scanning historical photographs which will eventually be entered into a database. It's been a lot of fun. It's interesting to see how Bozeman has changed even simply over the last 30 to 40 years. Definitely a cool job for a history major and a photography buff. I'm living the dream, err...nightmare?!






View Larger Map

7 comments:

Unknown Mami said...

Spooky! I'm glad you are livin' the dream.

Jillsy said...

It creeps me out just reading about it...I don't think I could go through it either!

BLOGitse said...

eeek!
I'm lucky not to live in U.S. - Halloween would be too much for me! :)
Happy Sunday!

Getrealmommy said...

I just found your blog on World's Worst Moms. I see that you are from Bozeman. Two of my best friends grew up there. (Darren & Shannon Cruwys). I went there to a wedding with them two years ago, beautiful! Anyways love your photography. Following you now. Please check out my blog www.getrealmama.blogspot.com

VM Sehy Photography said...

Welcome Get Real Mommy. Bozeman truly is a beautiful place. Thank you for following.

VM Sehy Photography said...

BLOGitse - I am not a big fan of Halloween myself. I think I miss the getting candy part. Adults seem to like their Halloween a bit more intense than I can handle, so I've kind of dropped out. My son loves it though, so I try not to be too much of a party pooper.

Linda said...

Hallow'een is so much more of an event in North America, tho there is some americanisation creeping in through the shops. We have 'guising' rather than 'trick or treat', and there's very little decoration of houses and certainly no public buildings that I'm aware of.