Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Camera Sister

Once upon a time, there was a group of women who called themselves Montana Mamas. The name is pretty self-explanatory. What isn't is the spirit that this group of women embodied. They came together as mothers and as people who wanted to make a difference. And for while, they did. They shone, and they made their community a better place.

While the group is technically defunct, I have remained in contact with many of the women. And now it has come time for us to band together again and help one of our own. I met Renee through Montana Mamas, and I made a really good friend. In fact, I think of her as my camera sister. I can't explain it, but if you get the two of us together, more than likely we'll be talking about cameras and photography. Once we get going, it can be hard for anyone to get a word in edgewise. Personally, I think her photography rocks. She does an awesome job at something I never could figure out, photographing people.

Unfortunately, life has handed her some lemons lately and although her attitude never flags, it's been a tough battle. She and her family are struggling to make ends meet and her husband has been diagnosed with cancer. To truly understand the depth of this situation, please check out the following link.

Howl's Moving Castle. This is where you will find Renee's story as told in her own words. I can't say it any better than that.

Shine On!

PS (9/9/10) - Unfortunately since I posted this, there has been a bit of fall out from the blogging world. While my friends, Gucci Mama and Sassy tried to help Renee by setting up a donation fund, it all fell apart. Someone that did not know Renee's situation personally got all in a huff and decided that the whole ordeal was a scam.  As a result, they decided to bring legal action against Gucci Mama.  Gucci Mama had no choice but to refund a lot of money to kind and decent people.

Despite this turn of events I will not back down.  I know that Renee needs help.  I also doubt this person will find me, but if they do, they are welcome to bring it.  I actually feel sorry for them.  They, like a lot of us, have become so cynical that they don't believe in anything.  They are unable to open their hearts.  It's a sad state of existence.

So despite the mess this ended up being, I would still like you to go by these sites and show support for these Montana Mamas.



Howl's Moving Castle. This is Renee's story in her own words. You will also find a donation button here.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Love you Vickie and thanks...I'm crying again...rofl. Honestly after that day at the checkup never thought I could cry anymore. Didn't think I had any tears left but last night what Steph did was unexpected but very much not gone w/o deep gratitude that no words can speak to not just her but the spiral of bloggers there after. Thank you doesn't seem enough.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Laughing and crying. Goodness. Anything I can do to help. I know you would do the same for me. I've been following a bit of the links on Stephanie's post, and I am in awe. It's just so wonderful how many people have come together to help.

Gucci Mama said...

You girls are the fabulous. I miss you so much! We are a family; this is just what family does. Love you girls.

Raymonde said...

Oh life is tough at times. Thanks for sharing, your friend and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care. xxx

VM Sehy Photography said...

GM - Aww. I am so honored to be considered family.

Raymonde - Thanks so much. Your emotional support means the world to me and Renee, too, I'm sure.