Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sundays in My City - Fall Brilliance

First of all I'd like to send a big Thank You to Unknown Mami who hosts Sundays in My City. She gives everyone a chance to show off the town they live in.

My particular town, Bozeman, MT is awash in fall colors. Unfortunately, I had to stick a bit close to home today. One, I have this lousy cold. Two, my son is selling Boy Scout popcorn and has been out hitting the pavement.

To make up for it, I went over to the meadow (some call it a ditch) and snapped a few quick pictures of fall. It was an interesting trek. Apparently no one has been over there in quite some time because the trails are starting to grow over. So part of the adventure involved tromping down tansy bushes. Easier said than done. And picking off all those lovely burrs. Not the big kind either. These are the size of a pea. And I swear there were millions of them, all over my shorts. However, I'd like to think it was worth it.




6 comments:

forestwalk/laura k said...

awesome pictures!! you know, i thought i WAS a follower...of yours...well, anyway, i AM NOW!!
i especially like the leaves...and those berries!! very nice!!

qandlequeen said...

The sacrifices you make for your readers are appreciated! The colors are starting to creep in in St. Louis, but not it's not the big burst yet.

BLOGitse said...

These pics are beautiful!
They all have different feeling, great collection!

VM Sehy Photography said...

Welcome Forestwalk/Laura. And thank you for the kind comments.

Thank you, too, BLOGitse for the kind comments. I hadn't given it any thought, but they do all have a different feeling. Seasonally and spatially.

Qandlequeen it's nice to be appreciated. To be honest, even when I'm sick, I get cabin fever. Yesterday was just too nice to be inside. I really wanted to wander much farther. I'm hoping this weekend to be in tip top condition and perhaps go for a fall color drive. I can't believe how quickly the colors turned here. Seemed like one week. So I probably don't have much time before the leaves fall. Am resting in hopes of going on a greater adventure this weekend.

Unknown Mami said...

It was most definitely worth it. You got some great shots.

SE'LAH... said...

Greetings,

what beautiful pictures you feature here on your lovely blog. thanks so much for paying me a visit. it is very nice to meet you.

one love.