Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sundays in My City - A Hyalite Canyon Evening

This evening we decided to head up Hyalite Canyon and do some hiking. The hope was to make it to Grotto Falls. No such luck. Once up there, it became dark quickly. We stopped along the stream for some shots and then headed back down. I say none too quick as we encountered a bear driving back down the canyon. Just ran across the road right in front of our car. Wish I could say I had a shot of it, but I was looking at the photo I had just taken and adjusting my settings. It was gone when I looked back up. I'm hoping my camera mojo will turn around soon.

To see other cities from around the world check out Unknown Mami's feature Sundays in My City.


6 comments:

MsBabyPlan said...

I like the mountain and the moon. Great shot and so romantic.

Joanna Jenkins said...

A BEAR! OMG-- That would have scared the daylights out of me. I can't believe I'm seeing snow already! Yikes.
Cheers, jj

VM Sehy Photography said...

My son said that the snow never really melts at the very top of Hyalite Peak. I can believe that. I tried getting to the top of one of the trails last July and was knee deep in the snow. I had to turn around because I wasn't properly dressed for it. (At the bottom of this trail it was actually a very hot summer day.) And I could no longer tell if I actually was on a trail. Falling off the side of a mountain didn't really fit into my plans that day.

Insectman said...

Boulder: 1
Mankind: 0

To keep playing, visit:

iamyourblog.blogspot.com

Unknown Mami said...

I love that last shot.

I'm glad the encounter with the bear was brief.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Me, too. The problem is we currently have a bear marauding through our neighborhood. He's knocked over our garbage can twice. And he's been video taped eating another neighbor's garbage. No one seems in any big hurry to call animal control. He hasn't hurt any people or animals yet. Still I'm hesitant to be out after dusk.