Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Am Grateful Believe It Or Not

I was not pleased when a card from my Aunt Linda sent showed up like this. I was all prepared to declare outright war with the post office through my blog. I had my sarcasm sharpened. Little quips like this kept coming to mind: I hate to see what happens when you don't care. In fact, that was going to be the title of this blog post.

However, before I did any of the above thus never seeing mail again in my lifetime, I took care to gently put the card back together. After taking a moment to read the beautiful message inside the card, I quickly changed my mind. I would rather have received this in the shredded condition it is than never to have gotten it at all.

So I say thank you to the United States Postal Service for delivering my mail even if it isn't in the most perfect condition.

I tried speculating about what exactly happened to this letter. My husband said it's not from machinery. He thinks it met the edge of a table. I really hate to think someone went out of their way to purposely tear this up. There's no money in it. Duh. And if you're that upset - some might say postal - perhaps you need to get a different job. Just saying. While I am mostly humbled by the written words in this card, I am still a bit perturbed. I sure do wish the post office would actually solve the issues some their employees have. I said some Aunt Shirley:)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Good attitude. Things do happen. It's an even more unforgettable card this way. :)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks Hilary. I try to keep a pretty even keel and not go to war over little annoyances. I'm glad I read the letter before I blogged. It really was such a lovely letter that I felt getting upset with the post office only took away from its beauty.