Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

You Have Reached the Maximum Amount of Time

It's been a long couple of days. My mom's health has taken a turn for the worse, and has forced me to start dealing with issues I was hoping to put off for another 10 or so years. This becomes doubly frustrating when you take into account, that my dad is also starting to fade although at this point, my mom is the worse of the two. Who would have guessed? It's my dad who's been having strokes for who knows how many years. Well, I'm in the middle of trying to figure out what type of care they require at this point which involves calling my husband while he's at Boy Scout Camp. As you can well imagine, you can't boil all this drama / frustration / planning down to a quick five minute message. I had to listen to the following message on my husband's cell phone 3 times:

You have reached the maximum amount of time

You think?!

6 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

Oh man. That's so tough. I'm sorry you're facing it alone right now! When do your boys get home?

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks GM. They get back on Saturday. It's been a long four days. Fortunately, Gwen asked me over for dinner last night, so that was nice. I'm just hanging in there trying to gather info from the relatives that are there and formulating a plan with my brother. It's tough because my parents are in Iowa. I'm in Montana. Gene is in New York. They have enough people that care for them, that they should be OK until we can figure out a care plan. I'm grateful for that.

Joanna Jenkins said...

My heart is with you. It's tough to be trying to make the best possible decisions for your parent's well-being but to be spread out across the country makes it super hard. I hope it all works out.
Hang in there, jj

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thank you Joanna. I actually ended up flying home. I've been back for a couple of days. Trying to figure out home health versus assissted living. Should know soon. My mom seems to be getting better slowly which is good news.

Hilary said...

Tough times for you. I'm so sorry for that. I'll send positive thoughts for you to find strength and good solutions.

VM Sehy Photography said...

Thanks Hilary. I need all the positive vibes I can get. Looks like my mom is coming home on Friday, so some things are working out. Just had a bit of a scare.