Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Say Hello to My Little Friend

While out hiking on the Grotto Falls Trail in Hyalite Canyon, I stopped to take pictures of a beetle that I found on a flower. Unfortunately, none of those shots turned out. It was quite a breezy day, and wind is definitely the arch enemy of the macro photographer. In the process, I felt a light touch on my skin. Fortunately, I nixed the instinct to do what I usually do which is to blow on the spot and send the little critter flying. Apparently while photographing the beetle, I had brushed against the tall grass and picked up this little hitch hiker. What amazed me was how gently I was able to return him to his natural habitat once the photo shoot was done. I'm not exactly known for my grace.

To view the images in full size, simply click on them.

No comments: