Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rob Thomas is Haunting Me

Ugh! I was kind of hoping I could put the video for Someday in this post, but the embedding's been disabled. I'm not much surprised, and I don't blame an artist for protecting his creation. I do it all the time.

I digress. I'm surprised how much I like the couple of songs I've heard from Cradlesong. The only reason I said he's haunting me is because his presence has been all encompassing during a couple of tough times recently.

Last March, after we had returned from Pat's, an old family friend of my husband's, memorial I heard Her Diamond's for the first time. I sat in my car and cried. That's a tough song to listen to when you've recently lost someone.

And of course one would think it can't get much worse than that. Wrong! The first song I heard after my mom passed was Someday. Darn it dude. I'm trying to be all heroic here and hold it together for my dad and aunts. Stop making me cry!

I was actually set to write about how I was going to forget about Someday and vote for now, so I listened to the song again. I had forgotten about the middle - is bridge the technical term for that? In any case, I still cried.

I suppose it's just as well. Otherwise I might hold this grief in until I get some sort of weird cancer. So I guess I should say thank you.(?)

No comments: