Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Been Two Weeks...


which beats an eternity.  I miss my son and my husband very much.  I wouldn't be exaggerating to say that I ache for them.  Yet, I rejoice at the same time.  For tomorrow, I will be reunited with them.  I will definitely have a deeper appreciation for their presence. 


This is because my Dad just lost his wife.  My mother.  While I will miss her like a daughter, my dad will miss the woman he had been in love with for 46 years.  I can't imagine that sense of loss.  The emptiness.  I can see it in the blank stare on his face and hear it in the way he shuffles down the hall.  I swear he's dusting the floor as he walks.


Not crying about that is difficult at best, and so I hold onto the fact, that I have not suffered that deep a loss yet.  I look forward to my joyous reunion while simultaneously hoping my father will be able to weather his loss. 


Only time will tell.

No comments: