Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

What I Found Crawling Around My House

Yesterday was a banner day for me. I found all kinds of things crawling around or near my house. An ant in my single peony. (There were about 6 or 7. I think something ate them. Possibly rabbits.) A zebra jumping spider on my hallway window. And last and definitely least for me, a centipede in my laundry room.

Blech! Centipedes and Milipedes are the exception to my rule when it comes to creepy crawlies. I can't stand them, and they send shivers up my spine. I'll take pictures, though, just from a ditance. I was going to smoosh the centipede, but my son insisted I let it live, so I scooped it up into a leftover container and tossed it out. It wasn't looking too good, so I wonder if it was half dead. Also that bit of stuff by it's head looked like an insect leg to me. A battle gone awry?! Well, we can't always be in the right place at the right time.






No comments: