Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Went to Do the Laundry...

this guy/gal was on my shorts. I almost drowned the poor thing. Technically, when it dropped a line off of my shorts and started to repel to the floor, it startled me so badly that I dropped my shorts onto the washer. Down went the spider into the deep, dark hole. Now most sane people would have let out a sigh of relief, but I've long since lost any semblance of sanity I once had and have ceased looking for it. What did I do? I grabbed the shorts real quick and yanked them up bringing the hapless spider back up out of the washer, gently laying him/her on the floor on top of a nice bed made of my shorts. As if that wasn't bad enough, I ran and got my camera hoping for a photo op. I will say this spider was one of the most patient and cooperative subjects I've ever had. Apparently he/she appreciated my good sense when I decided not to sacrifice them to the washer.

In case anyone is worried about the fate of my eight legged friend, I carried them outside on my shorts. Once outside, they repeled to ground and ran for cover.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

You have a bigger heart than I do. I TRY not to kill them... but sometimes I react before I rethink.