Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

There's a Metaphor Here Somewhere

Below you will find a video (I had two set up, but one has an error. They were basically the same.) and photographs of my husband's anniversary present. To get the full experience, listen to the video first. Try to guess what it is and how many pieces it's in. The photos will let you know the answer to the first question. To find the answer to the second, scroll beyond the photos. I am not a happy camper.

To be fair, the item was very professionally packaged. And that just adds to the mystery. The company I got it from, Fishs Eddy, also sent along a set of instructions in case my item arrived broken. When I contacted them, they assured me that they would immediately replace it, and I should see the new item in seven days. This is a link to their website:
Fishs Eddy. Their customer service is above par.

The company that I have a beef with is UPS. They will be hearing from me in the form of a letter to their CEO. It's not that difficult to be careful and get a fragile package from one place to the next.

In closing, I'd like to say, that my marriage is, at least, less fragile than the gift that I wished to give in celebration.




The answer is about 7 pieces if you don't count the glass dust at the bottom.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Yikes.. hopefully that will get resolved promptly.

I'm trying to catch up after a couple of weeks away from the computer. I've enjoyed all your wonderful photos despite not commenting on each post. I may never catch up! :)

VM Sehy Photography said...

Welcome back. Hope it was a good trip. I too get caught up in getting caught up. I would certainly understand if you just started with the post that was there after you got back.

I'm thinking this will all work out. If the replacement package gets here in one piece, I'll probably just let it go.

My poor husband still doesn't know what his gift is. He's very patient.